Indonesian Food Worth Trying
If you have visited Lombok and Villa Almarik’s restaurant for our famous pizza, we are pretty sure that you have also enjoyed the delicious local food fare we have to offer. Indonesian cuisine is vast and absolutely delectable! Most people have heard of Nasi Goreng but there is more to it than just that one dish. Here are a few more that you should try!
- Nasi Goreng – This is the famous fried rice. It is your regular stir fried Southeast Asian rice except that it is made with a variety of Indonesian spices to give it a different flavor.
- Soto Betawi – This is a soup that has been made with Beef offal containing cow milk or beef. These different variations create a distinct taste that you will absolutely love. There are other Indonesian Sotos that you should try here as well, but this one should be your number one.
- Rendang – The literal meaning of this word is dry curry. This dish is very popular in Indonesia and it is a beef stew that is dry. Its origin is Minangkabau in West Sumatra. This dish is made of beef, but it can also include liver, goat, chicken as well as other different meats. They are cooked in coconut milk mixed with spices until it is completely dry, which results in a flavor that is quite intense and has delightful texture. This is food that you must eat.
- Ketoprak – This is a traditional food of Indonesia that is a mixture of eggs, onion, tofu that has been deep fried, bean sprouts and a special peanut sauce.
- Satay ayam / Sate – This is a chicken that has been skewered and then grilled. These chicken skewers are then served with peanut sauce that adds a burst of flavor. This dish is actually Java’s national dish.
- Rawon – This is a black beef soup. It is made with keluak (black nuts) and beef as well. The dish has a nutty taste that is quite strong, a dark color and is made with a variety spices. This dish is usually served along with rice.
- Gudeg – This meal comes from Central Java and is known as Yogyakarta. It is made from the young jack fruit mixed with palm sugar, garlic, plenty of spices, meat and coconut milk. This food is an amazing blast of flavor and the perfect mix of textures and tastes.
- Bakso – These are meatballs that are made from beef surimi. This is a paste of meat, usually beef, and tapioca flour. The meatballs are served with a beef broth that comes with noodles, rice vermicelli, eggs, tofu and vegetables.
With such delectable dishes, there is absolutely no reason you shouldn’t enjoy your meals in Indonesia. Indonesian meal will definitely liven up your stay in Lombok. Join us at our restaurant for the excellent rated local food fare or even our famous pizza in Villa Almarik Resort and Spa.