Lombok in Indonesia is one of the top destinations in the country. There is so much to see and do and this has made it an alternative to the hitherto popular Bali Island. For those looking for a wholesome experience in a more tranquil setting, the Gili Islands off Lombok are top destinations. Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air have made Lombok a must-visit destination for every visitor coming to the country. Of the three, Gill Air is closest to Lombok and is easily accessible.
While the other Gilis get more attention from visitors, Gili Air is now attracting more tourists with new developments raising the standards of accommodation and dining experiences. Surprisingly, Gill Air white-sand beaches are more beautiful and it is only now that visitors are discovering how much they have been missing. This island is now generating a lot of buzz in the travelling circles and for many good reasons.
Gill Air attracts the more relaxed visitors who want to have fun without a lot of restraint and crowds around. It is ideal for budget travelers who want affordable facilities and still get to enjoy the best nature has to offer. The diversity of the activities you can enjoy on this Gili is just impressive; from diving, partying, hiking, bike riding, and walks to enjoy the lush vegetation.
The breathtaking beaches are ideal for the visitors who want to enjoy a quiet time. Below are some other interesting things to do and see when you come to Gili Air:
- Yoga: The Orientals are renowned for introducing yoga to the world and at Gili Air you will enjoy a relaxing session at a well detailed facility in the middle of the island.
- Stand up paddling (SUP) or kite surfing: Get to undertake in one of the latest trends in water sports. It is the ideal way to explore the island from the water and still enjoy the fresh ocean air.
- Diving: There is no denying that diving is the main attraction to Gili Air and the dive schools attest to this. You will see amazing marine life ranging from sea turtles, fish and beautiful corals among other creatures.
- Biking: Take a bicycle ride around the island and get into one with nature. This is an exciting way to explore the island from one corner to the others.
- Snorkeling alone: You just need to rent the gear and dive in.
- Relax and watch the sunset: Find a suitable café and relax as you watch the sun go down. This is a breathtaking moment and you will never tire coming for more.
Gili Air might not be highly rated but it also happens to be a diamond in the rough. Stay tune on our news sections for the latest updates on Lombok and the diving industry as well!