Villa Almarik Lombok
Gili Terawangan - Pemenang
Lombok Barat NTB INDONESIA
Phone : +62-370-6138520
Fax : +62-370-6138520
Lombok - General Information
How To Get To VILLA ALMARIK
Gili Trawangan is the largest of the three Gili Islands just off Lombok's northwestern coastline. We will arrange transfers from the International airport in central south Lombok in our air-conditioned car. After a scenic 2 hours drive from the airport, on a road that hugs the coastline, our speedboat will bring you to the island in less than 30 minutes.
(click to enlarge)
There are numerous daily flights from Denpasar (Bali) to Mataram (Lombok). The flight-time is slightly less than half an hour and the airfare is approximately US$ 55 return. There is even a direct Silkair Singapore-Mataram flight three times a week from Singapore!
The road from Mataram to Teluk Nara is a beautiful introduction to Lombok. Curving along the coastline, with views of Lombok's mountains on one side and a view of the Gili Islands on the other, it is one of the most beautiful roads in Indonesia. Our boat will meet you at Teluk Nara for the half hour transfer to Gili Trawangan.
- Merpati Nusantara Airline, the domestic carrier, schedules up to 4 daily flights.
- Wings/Lion Air, another domestic airline, has 2 daily flights in each direction.
- There are other airlines serving this route as well. There are daily flights from Jakarta, Surabaya and Jogyakarta to Mataram.
- Silkair flies Singapore-Mataram 3 times a week
If you prefer, you can make your own way to Bangsal and charter your own boat to Gili Trawangan or take the public boat. From Bangsal to Gili Trawangan the trip will take close to an hour to complete. Arriving at the Trawangan harbor you will see firsthand the lack of motorized vehicles on Gili Trawangan, so hail a horse-carriage and begin a different style of holiday!
The official language is Bahasa Indonesia but different dialects are spoken on each island. English is widely spoken.
Some common phrases:
How are you?
You are welcome
What time is it?
How much is it?
I'd like to eat…
Saya mau makan…
The local currency is the Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
Between Central Europe and Bali, Sulawesi, Lombok, Komodo, there are +7 hours of time difference. This difference is reduced by one hour when these European countries introduce summer time (daylight saving time).
It's an equatorial climate with monsoon type weather. The rainy season usually lasts from November to April and the dry season from April to October. The temperature hardly ever drops below 25 degrees while the water temperature remains constantly around 28 degrees. The rainy season is characterized by sudden, momentary downpour after which the fine weather comes back again.
Documents and Visas
In February 2004 Indonesia has introduced wide ranging changes in the national visa-free and visa on arrival system.
The Visa on Arrival fee for citizens of eligible countries is US$ 25 for a 30 day visa. Since January 2010 this visa can be renewed for an additional 30 days. The previous 7-day visa at US$10 has been abolished.
- Only 11 countries and territories are eligible for a "Visa Free" facility, they are: Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei Darussalam, Philippines, Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Chile, Morocco, Peru and Vietnam. Nationals of the aforementioned countries and territories will be issued with a 30-day stay permit without charge upon presentation of a valid passport with 6 months remaining validity.
- Nationals of 63 countries can obtain a "Visa on Arrival" processed at the gate of entry following the payment of an official fee: Algeria, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Fiji, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Panama, People's Republic of China, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Suriname, Switzerland, Sweden, Taiwan, The Netherlands, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Citizens of countries not included on a visa-free or visa-on-arrival lists must apply for a visa overseas before arriving in Indonesia. Please check with the Indonesian embassy or consulate in your country.
When leaving you must pay airport taxes: Rp. 100.000 for international flights, Rp. 35.000 for domestic flights.
There is no vaccination needed in all of Indonesia. A Yellow Fever certificate is required if entering from an infected area.